GRE submission

Hi there, I was wondering if you can complete the CASPA application before submitting your GRE scores?

I would love to get CASPA verified quicker, but I plan on taking the GREs early July. Do I have to wait to take the GRE's and then submit my CASPA? Or can I submit the CASPA first, and send my GRE scores later to the schools I selected.

You can still submit and have your CASPA app verified without GRE scores I believe. With that being said most schools that require the GRE won't look at your application until they receive that information, from my understanding.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I was wondering the same thing. I want to submit my application, but don't plan on taking the GRE for a couple more months. I'm worried once I submit my application I will be unable to add my GRE scores. I know you can have the scores sent directly to the school, but will the schools look at them?

Hello! Yes, so from my understanding when I called CASPA (I was very confused too!) They don't "care about" your GRE scores. You need to pay for a program, send in your transcripts and have your letter of recs in. For the standardized section, you can add your GRE test with the option to say that you're taking it at a later date. Even after you submit, you can edit this date. And yes, only when you finally have taken the GRE and send the score report to CASPA will they send off your app to the program to review. Hope this helps! This process is very intense!

• 1 month later...

So I assume the answer is no to this, but will programs accept the scores I send to them right after taking the GRE? When I took it, I could choose four schools to send scores to? Will this be accepted even though it is different from the codes that are on CASPA? Or will I have to send them out again with the CASPA specific code? Hope that makes sense. 

So I assume the answer is no to this, but will programs accept the scores I send to them right after taking the GRE? When I took it, I could choose four schools to send scores to? Will this be accepted even though it is different from the codes that are on CASPA? Or will I have to send them out again with the CASPA specific code? Hope that makes sense. 

I sent my scores to four PA programs about a year ago and each of them received them without any trouble. ETS had an option of selecting the CASPA PA school for each program I sent scores to. They were the same codes the school provided on their websites. You could also write down the codes for the programs you want to send the scores to and bring them with you to the testing site.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Archived