Prereqs after retaking a class

Hi! 

I've retaken both anatomy and physiology to get a higher grade, but I had a question regarding each school's specific prerequisite entry. Should I just choose the class that I got the higher grade in to count as the prereq, or do schools want you to choose both the first attempt at a class and the second attempt??

Thanks for the help!!

In the absence of any specific instructions form the program ... If the program allows you to specify the particular course, and grade, that meets their prereq, by all means, use the best one!  They see all your courses and all your grades.  Personally, if you picked any other when I asked you to, I'd wonder what was wrong with you!  

More recent courses, more challenging courses that can be substituted to meet requirements (Example: some of my schools allowed higher level courses to count as the general science pre-reqs; like I put Orgo 2 in for one of the Gen Chems at some schools since I did better in that class than Gen Chem 1. But I'd only recommend doing this if you performed better or the same in those courses than the general courses), and the best grades for each course are the best way to go when you assign them in the application. Just make sure you're following what each school wants in those sections, if it's not specified ask the program directly.

Archived