A Bad Offer for Urgent Care in Southern CA

None of the places you mentioned allow for you to snowboard, surf, scuba dive, ride dirt bikes in the desert, be in a major city, go to major amusement parks, and hike in a forrest within an hour of each other as well as have great schools with the amount of cultural diversity offered here in California. Sorry, I've traveled around the US a lot in my old job as a consultant, and sure some places I liked like Tampa, Asheville, Austin, etc, but none of them compare to CA.

No I don't want to live in a desert with monsoons, dust storms, flash floods, and extreme hot and cold climate. I really don't care for snow or windy / icy conditions in winter and humid summers. I could care less for hurricanes and blizzards. Tornados do way more damage than earthquakes when you look at the frequency of events. Earthquakes are silly and I sleep through / don't feel most of them anyways.

Now pardon me as I take my kids to Disneyland with my annual pass after visiting my condo on PCH in Huntington Beach and having breakfast on main st (where regular world surfing competitions are held) with our beautiful 70 degree weather that fluctuates +/- 10 degrees year round and 6th largest global GDP.

Your wrong about the snowboarding, sking, scuba diving. We have one of the worlds biggest underground scuba diving places, several places to snowboard year around (man made) as well as 7-8 major lakes within 2 hours from where I live. You can ride dirt bikes/4-wheelers/side by sides t/o the midwest. I live in the midwest, 2 hours from 2 major amusement parks, 40 mins from major city (150,000 population). I live in the middle of no where with peace, I have a nice big garden, I can hunt/fish/shoot guns/etc, excellent schools (our church school that ranks 99% in the entire US for all public/private schools, reports came out this week actually, with 100% of students going to college and 98% graduating with a bachelors over the last 40 years of this one small school (50 children)), cheap living, etc. So you really haven't seen the midwest cause your states are very inaccurate. Again, not trying to start an argument, but just stating that your facts are not correct. Lastly, I have traveled around the U.S. as well as around the world and the lower midwest is perfect for my life style. 

Well heck, if we are all playing Realtor.com:

$399k on the CT shoreline, 4br on 9 acres

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/132-River-Rd_Clinton_CT_06413_M30970-36423#photo35

$390k, 3200sf 4br colonial, surrounded by farmland, 15 minutes from New Haven

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/708-Totoket-Rd_Northford_CT_06472_M30598-37829#photo14

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$380,000, 15 mins from major city, 3 bed, 2 bathrooms, 2,7000 sq/ft brick home on 65 acres. 

Your wrong about the snowboarding, sking, scuba diving. We have one of the worlds biggest underground scuba diving places, several places to snowboard year around (man made) as well as 7-8 major lakes within 2 hours from where I live. You can ride dirt bikes/4-wheelers/side by sides t/o the midwest. I live in the midwest, 2 hours from 2 major amusement parks, 40 mins from major city (150,000 population). I live in the middle of no where with peace, I have a nice big garden, I can hunt/fish/shoot guns/etc, excellent schools (our church school that ranks 99% in the entire US for all public/private schools, reports came out this week actually, with 100% of students going to college and 98% graduating with a bachelors over the last 40 years of this one small school (50 children)), cheap living, etc. So you really haven't seen the midwest cause your states are very inaccurate. Again, not trying to start an argument, but just stating that your facts are not correct. Lastly, I have traveled around the U.S. as well as around the world and the lower midwest is perfect for my life style.

Didn't realize you could surf in the Midwest the same day you go snowboarding...

For surfing and snowboarding they are man made. Lots of lakes where one can ski/wake board. Lots a variety that most people assume "we" don't have. Honestly the only thing that I could not do is ice climb (maybe there is a place indoors haha). You should give us another chance out on the fly over zone:)

Add me to the list of the very surprised at coastal CT prices.  Not bad...

I'm in the middle of my 10-year plan planning (when the last kid graduates from high school and hits the skreet, my boogie shoes are more than ready).  I've lived all over the world and the US with a few notable exceptions.

For my "out to pasture" time, my list so far includes inland NC through the mid-south, coastal NW Florida (west of tallahassee), North/central Texas and northern AZ.  get some space, maybe some land, decent size city close but not too close, reasonable cost.

Archived