University of Oklahoma 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any Advice for those of us interviewing? 

Congrats to those who got interviews! That alone is huge considering they are doing less interviews this year! I'm so sorry to those who interviewed last year and didn't get the call this year. They knew this would happen simply because of the numbers, but I know that has to be disappointing. Try not to take it personally (that was the hardest thing for me!).
As for tips at the interview. I know it sounds cliche, but truly just be yourself. My first year interviewing I watched tons of videos and thought of all the answers they WANTED to hear. The second year I didn't rehearse answers at all - I had a general idea of how to answer things, and I just let the interview go more as a conversation than a question/answer. If you have never interviewed before, you may try to practice with someone, I never did that but I think I would have been more comfortable that first year if I had. Hope this helps! Keep the questions coming if you've got them! The interview process at OUHSC has always been very laid back and I haven't heard any indication of that changing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Are there two rounds of interviews or just one this year? Last year's forum looks like there were interviews in November and December. Mine is December 5 in the afternoon! Also, I moved to Oklahoma this month but will they consider that "in state" for admittance (I know they won't for tuition...)?

Thank you! Congrats and good luck to everyone on interviews next week!

Are there two rounds of interviews or just one this year? Last year's forum looks like there were interviews in November and December. Mine is December 5 in the afternoon! Also, I moved to Oklahoma this month but will they consider that "in state" for admittance (I know they won't for tuition...)?
Thank you! Congrats and good luck to everyone on interviews next week!

Just one round of interviews this year of about 150 students. They'll be accepting 50. Since they use CASPA, I would assume it would be what determines you as an in or out of state applicant. But it really doesn't matter, in state doesn't get preference or anything. It's probably based off tuition actually, because we all know everything boils down to the money haha :) Good luck! I'll be helping out Tuesday morning- be sure to ask the first years students questions- that's what we are there for!!

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, okiepa-s said:

Just heard that they actually have already started calling and should be finished by the end of the week!

Do you know if the call will be from an OUHSC number? I had a missed call earlier but no voicemail and the call back was a general OUHSC operator line.

Do you know if the call will be from an OUHSC number? I had a missed call earlier but no voicemail and the call back was a general OUHSC operator line.

The person who interviewed you is who will be calling. They typically use their office phone which would be an OU prefix. But they will leave a message or call back, unless it gets to Friday and you haven't heard, I wouldn't try tracking anyone down. Turn your phones on loud and good luck [emoji16]

Archived