Anyone here do a online MBA program?

I always thought a MBA degree was worth more than a PhD. One may be useful in running a business while the other basically is an ego bump. I already have a masters but it's pretty much useless although it's useful if you want to move up in administration. I am looking for the cheapest and easiest route to a MBA program. Places like University of Phoenix are too expensive. So, just wondering if anyone here actually completed their MBA.

I honestly don't think cheap and MBA go together. I would also be concerned that organizations may not accept an MBA from an online-only school, but I cannot tell you this with certainty. Maybe someone who has an MBA and has moved into administration can tell you more. I have been looking into administrative fellowships after completing my MHA, and they are very particular. Employers may be less so.

There is a range in MBA pricing for sure.  Just like there is for PA programs.  It is doubtful an organization is going to really care if your MBA was online, weekend college, or full time daily study. An administrative fellowship may have specific requirements that I can not speak of.  

My sister is getting her MBA right now, all her classes are online, and nobody cares.  

There is a range in MBA pricing for sure.  Just like there is for PA programs.  It is doubtful an organization is going to really care if your MBA was online, weekend college, or full time daily study. An administrative fellowship may have specific requirements that I can not speak of.  

My sister is getting her MBA right now, all her classes are online, and nobody cares.  

Has she had any job offers? When you say "nobody cares", does that mean she already has a position waiting for her when she finishes? I am not asking to be contentious; just curious. I have read stories about people who received MBA/MHA degrees from online schools who felt it was nothing more than an expensive piece of paper when they went to apply to certain positions; it was one of the reasons I avoided online programs in lieu of an accredited brick-and-mortar school for my MHA. 

All that said, I am still looking for a position. We'll see if it even matters...

Has she had any job offers? When you say "nobody cares", does that mean she already has a position waiting for her when she finishes? I am not asking to be contentious; just curious. I have read stories about people who received MBA/MHA degrees from online schools who felt it was nothing more than an expensive piece of paper when they went to apply to certain positions; it was one of the reasons I avoided online programs in lieu of an accredited brick-and-mortar school for my MHA. 

All that said, I am still looking for a position. We'll see if it even matters...

She already has a job she has been at several years and they are paying for her MBA and she will advance within the company after finishing.  However, it will open the doors to move up and apply for positions at bigger companies.  

I completed my masters degree and got a fairly cheap piece of paper.  My PA program was a bachelors and I did the Nebraska program ($3500).  It wasn't even online and it involved zero interaction with students or teachers.  I have never once been questioned about my masters.  All that matters was that I had one.  Now, I will have a doctorate degree completed next month with only 2 weeks time spent on campus and everything else online.  I am interviewing for faculty positions and have yet to be asked if my degree was earned in class or online.  

Now, you could get an HR person or administrator who is very much into academics.  This person may have an opinion about online education and it may well be his/her choice to choose someone we sat in a class over taking class online.  

She already has a job she has been at several years and they are paying for her MBA and she will advance within the company after finishing.  However, it will open the doors to move up and apply for positions at bigger companies.  

I completed my masters degree and got a fairly cheap piece of paper.  My PA program was a bachelors and I did the Nebraska program ($3500).  It wasn't even online and it involved zero interaction with students or teachers.  I have never once been questioned about my masters.  All that matters was that I had one.  Now, I will have a doctorate degree completed next month with only 2 weeks time spent on campus and everything else online.  I am interviewing for faculty positions and have yet to be asked if my degree was earned in class or online.  

Now, you could get an HR person or administrator who is very much into academics.  This person may have an opinion about online education and it may well be his/her choice to choose someone we sat in a class over taking class online.  

That makes sense--being employed already, and her employer not caring. She may find it matters if she transitions somewhere else, but far less likely if she has real-world experience.

PA masters are not comparable to MBA/MHA. I would definitely agree no one cares whatsoever where you got a masters as a PA. I wish the Nebraska option was still $3500...

Archived