Program to edit PDF Ebooks?

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to find a good app/program to edit ebooks with.  The books I have are normal PDF files, with bookmarks in Abobe reader organized by unit-->chapter-->section, etc.  I wish to be able to highlight, type in notes, and also draw with a stylus to underline, circle, draw, etc.  So far, Onenote seems to allow for all of this. 

HOWEVER, it seems that you lose all the bookmarks, so you end up with a 700-page pharmacology "document" and no way to jump to sections in it.  Is there a way to retain the bookmarks, or is there another program that will allow for so much annotating but keeps the PDF bookmarks?

Thanks!

What operating system are you using? If you're on android then the app Xodo is a really great pdf viewer/editor. It has highlight (with different colors) and allows you to write on the page. You can also change the view colors so it's white text on black page for reading at night. It also allows you to fundamentally alter the document by deleting/adding/rearranging the pages. I do not know if there is an apple version.

I actually used Notability through undergrad.  One downside with regards to ebooks is that you an't retain the bookmarks that you have in adobe.  Also, with Onetnote, you have the advantage of being able to add some space in between pages to add more notes (but you still have the same bookmark problem as far as I can tell).

I have a iPad, but am also considering an app to use in Windows on a Surface book or similar touch laptop.  If only One Note retained the bookmarks, it'd be the holy grail of ebook editing apps.

Archived