What is the best way to study for the PANCE?

I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Kaplan Qbank as well as the CME 5 or 3 day review course (http://www.cmeresources.com/5DayPANCEPANREReview.aspx)? I am considering doing both, but wanted to make sure it was worth the money and time. Is there any additional things you recommend doing?

Also, what is your recommendation as far as timing. How long before taking boards should I take the review course?

Currently, I'm thinking of studying about 2 weeks after graduation, taking the review course, and then 1-2 weeks after review course, taking boards...

Any advice from people who have already taken it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

You can't "study" for an exam that encompasses all of primary care medicine. PA students, please mark this point well: you begin to study for the PANCE on the first day of class. If you are not completely dedicated to the proposition of busting your a$$ every single day, you can't fix it with a review course.

If you performed well in school, screw it all and take the PANCE the week after you graduate. If you have an limited area where you feel weak (ie endocrine) spend a week brushing up and take the PANCE.

I'm not sure I agree with that... Yes, you can't necessarily study for it in the sense of 'relearning' but you can certainly review. I did well in school, but it seemed like it went so fast. There is no harm in brushing up on details that you may have forgotten/never learned/thought you understood at the time but didn't. I'd rather go into the PANCE over prepared than under, so to anyone who has taken a course/ practiced with Kaplan QBank, can you offer some guidance?

Archived