Interviewing a PA

I was given the opportunity to sit down with one of our PAs where I work. The application to shadow them is a long process and I'm waiting on approval now, so I may not get the opportunity to shadow before the deadline for one of my program choices. Is there a way to include this on CASPA? I'd hesitate to call it shadowing, but none of the other choices seem to fit either.

Nope.  You interviewed them.  That was more for your benefit than anything.  There's nothing to indicate on CASPA for that.  Hopefully it enlightened you to what a PA does and maybe it'll help you in interviews, but it doesn't really belong in your application.

And it may not be an issue after all. The website indicates it can take up to 6 weeks for approval, but the woman who takes the applications is actually the secretary for our department director and was back in her office today. I have been hanging on to this application for two weeks trying to get ahold of her knowing it would be 6 weeks from when she had it in hand. She took my paperwork and said, "I'll e-mail you in a day or two." To which I naturally thought it would be an e-mail stating how long the wait would be and so that's what I asked. She came back with, "No, we will have this set up in a day or two. I'm expediting it for you."

Thank you very much Dr. G. You pulled a few strings for the little people. :) And I didn't even ask. I'm really going to have to send them both a thank you card.

Archived