Cost of Attendance

Hey guys, not sure if the rural scholarship ($6k) is the same thing...it was announced to our class as $22k a year, 6 have been accepted to spend a 6month rotation in these rural/underserved areas...with a primary care focus/interest. Also, ditto to Mayflower's description (plus as a scholar you get a monthly stipend, and 2 paid for conferences to orient you & help you with finding placement..very supportive network)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Nekobird, I appreciate the reply! Finances at this point are a huge consideration for me, namely because I'm the sole source of income right now as my wife is working through PA school, but, and this is a huge but, if she is able to readily find work in some of the locations I'm considering attending school, like NC, then it would help us offset the COA. As mentioned before, I'm interested in maximizing my potential as a PA, and to that end I want to start by building a solid foundation on which to built my career. That's it in a nutshell, I'm not interested in the prestige per se, although I would imagine it wouldn't look too bad on a resume, I'm interested in whether Duke can help me built a stronger foundation than most other schools. From what I've gathered, this is the case, and I'm willing to pay extra for it.

mjohnson: That sounds great! I'm strongly considering family med, in an underserved setting, so the scholarship may be right for me.

Archived