Made Mistake on Applications

In my personal statement I mention how far I've come from the year I failed out of college to now. I mention how I raised my GPA from 1.45 to 3.5. I thought I had calculated my cumulative GPA correctly, but I made a mistake and my GPA is really 3.43. I graduated from my alma mater with a 3.56, but I have a very complicated academic history and so I messed up when I reassessed where I stand with CASPA.

I realize that it was a HUGE mistake to mention specifics, however, what's done is done and I can't make any corrections at this point. Is this something that will prevent me from getting any interviews? Should I just focus attention on applying to non-CASPA schools?

I doubt that the admission committee member will sit with your personal statement, the many ways that CASPA breaks down your GPA, compare the two, and make a sole decision based on a tenth/hundredth of a point. However, there's always an option to contact each school that you submitted an application and request to send/email on updated personal statement with the revision. I think recognizing the error and making an attempt to correct it shows some great qualities that would benefit you as a future PA. Good luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived