2016-2017 Application Cycle

As far as I can see I'm the only one posting in the thread that interviewed last week. I haven't heard anything yet. As I recall, on interview day the admissions coordinator said that we will be notified our status by snail mail inside of 2-3 weeks.

How did it go for you guys who interviewed today?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was there but wasn't apart of the group helping guide everyone today. Apparently, there was a lapse in communication regarding who would give the sim lab tour in the afternoon and interviewees were kinda standing around not sure what to do before someone finally realized and stepped in to help. So we wanted to apologize to everyone who was involved. I hope everyone had a good time and wish you all good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@andrewb and @jlindsey I know last year they did the rolling submissions and with the interviews they used a rubric to place you. Are they still doing rolling submissions this year? It seemed/sounded (from what I gathered on Friday) they were going to interview everyone and then place them in the rubric and at the end pick the top 40? However, you would know within 2-3 weeks if you were denied or would be on the list. A few of us were a little confused at the interviews. And yes! The wait is the worst! I told my friend it is like the wait after a first date, do you like me? Do I like you? Who calls who first :-) 

@andrewb and @jlindsey I know last year they did the rolling submissions and with the interviews they used a rubric to place you. Are they still doing rolling submissions this year? It seemed/sounded (from what I gathered on Friday) they were going to interview everyone and then place them in the rubric and at the end pick the top 40? However, you would know within 2-3 weeks if you were denied or would be on the list. A few of us were a little confused at the interviews. And yes! The wait is the worst! I told my friend it is like the wait after a first date, do you like me? Do I like you? Who calls who first :-)

I like you. I call first. Assert dominance. Haha

I have not heard anything to suggest they are doing any different than last year. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they have a select few that they know for certain are being accepted and notify them relatively fast. The other top candidates are probably ranked.

They'll go through all 5 interview dates while sending acceptance letters to some. Once they have seen everyone, they'll then choose from the top candidates to fill the remaining seats. Then everyone after the 40 will go on the wait list, ranked accordingly.

I wouldn't be upset about this because I've heard we had quite a few pulled from the wait list for my class. Some people accepted positions at other schools, and I've heard that at least one person decided it wasn't what they wanted to do anymore. No idea if that's true or not.

Like I said, I could be wrong about the whole thing, but this is how I understand it to be.

@hopeful17pa

Paraphrasing, but I understood that a few from each round of interviews would receive an admissions offer, a few would get a "thanks but no thanks" letter and the rest would be ranked, racked and stacked to fill the remaining seats. The remaining ranked candidates form a wait list to fill seats if people decline offers for another school or any other reason. Which is basically what jlindsey just shared, so I think I have the same understanding. And at some point it was definitely mentioned that a number of folks were pulled from the wait list last year to fill seats.

@andrewb good luck! Keep us posted. I'm cheering for you!

How is everyone that interviewed on October 21 doing? I wonder if I met any of you.

I would've liked to meet you and all the other interviewees, but I was upstairs studying. I wasn't scheduled to help that day, but I came to school to be available if needed.

Sorry for being anti-social :/

I hope everyone had a good time and enjoyed the opportunity. Looking forward to meeting the class of 2019.

@Imiys and @whisena1, how did you guys like the interview last week? I wonder if we talked at all :-) Have you guys heard anything yet?

I think the interview was great, everyone was welcoming and informative! I have not heard anything, and don't expect to until 2-3 weeks. Mrs. Dunn made it clear she would mail letters roughly 2 weeks after the interview, and they should arrive whenever the mailman delivers! Good luck to everyone.

Archived