Moving from Oregon to California. Help!

Hey guys and gals,

I have been working in a busy urgent care in Oregon. It has been rocky to say the least. Even though the money is great, I feel that my license is at risk on a daily basis due to the incompetent staff around us and the fact that management seems to not care regarding hiring well qualified staff. Long story short, my fiancée and I want to move back to San Diego. My ideal practice would be an urgent care, but a practice with urgent care and family practice would work well too.

I obviously need to get my California license and DEA license. Is this something that I pretty much have to pay for currently and hope that my employer will help cover the costs when I apply for the job? Also, is it okay to have two different state licenses and would I just let my Oregon license lapse once I am back practicing in California?

Would greatly appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

I would advise getting CA license before moving. When I moved from Penn to CA every recruiter/potential employer I spoke with was relieved to hear I already had my license. If you do not need your DEA license where you currently practice I believe you may be able to transfer it.

Archived