LOR issue

So I have an LOR sent to me from a professor back in September.

I emailed them last week about the upcoming CASPA application and what is involved to upload my letter of recommendation. Stil awaiting a response. I plan to send my applications out shortly after my GRE on May 26th.

Has anyone dealt with something like this?  

I have a word document the professor sent me with official University letterhead.  Should I send this in to schools after my application is submitted?

If this professor doesn't pull through is there anyway to salvage this LOR?  

Relax young grasshopper. Give the professor some time. I know this is a stressful time in your life, I was there two years ago. But sometimes you have to take a step back and enjoy the moment. And I know this is easier said this done, but appreciate how far you have come. Many are never in a position to apply to PA school, you are. That alone makes you awesome. Obviously if you still haven't gotten a response in a week or so I would try to speak directly with the professor, or ask someone else for a recommendation. But someone correct me if I am wrong, I do not believe you can just send in a letterhead, CASPA is pretty strict about these kind of things. Best of luck, and again enjoy the process. I know you wont believe me, but once you are in PA school you are going to miss the free time you had outside of it. Sincerely a PA student during finals week.

Schools will not accept your LORs that are not submitted to CASPA, regardless of letterhead or not. There are finals and commencement ceremonies around this time. Maybe the professor is busy. I agree that you should speak directly with the professor and let them know of the urgency of submitting applications early. If that doesn't work I would suggest finding another professor for your LOR. I had a similar issue where my volunteering coordinator had taken a different position so my emails were not being received, just had to find another source.

Archived