Study Abroad Classes

I only received transfer credits from my study abroad classes and no grades were on my actually undergraduate transcript.  This is my second year applying so my transcript carried over from last cycle and just realized that on CASPA I have a whole semester missing from when I studied abroad and when CASPA asks if I studied abroad during transcript review it will not allow me to select yes.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Did you request a transcript from the institution at which you studied while abroad, or the associated university? You need the transcript with the actual GPA and letter grades on it, not just your home school's records with "T" for transfer written for an entire semester.

My study abroad program was a consortium agreement through University of Nevada, Las Vegas. They sent me to a school in Germany. My home school was University "X". So when I put my info into CASPA, I list University X AND UNLV, with my grades from study abroad being listed under UNLV and transcripts coming directly from them.

So whether you had a similar situation or the foreign institute actually awarded the grades directly, you need THAT transcript to be sent to CASPA and shown on your app.

As far as why you cannot select " yes" for studying abroad, I am not sure if that is because you have only your home institution listed rather than additionally listing the school for study abroad.

Archived