Health Care Hours Update

Understandably editing your app multiple times after submission isnt ideal but can you update healthcare hours after submission? I plan on applying to one school first and then applying to several more soon after. Will the health care hours that I enter for  the first submission be locked in? Will the other schools applied after the first submission only be able to see the first set of dates and healthcare hours calculated? I understand that most schools would like for transcript updates and I have heard that some individuals will even go back into their app and enter their current job as a "new" healthcare experience with the same name but with different dates.

See the CASPA FAQ for all the specifics on updating your application.  Yes, you can add new experience, but not change what you have already submitted.  So, as you said, you would have to enter it as new/additional experience (but same basic info - just the additional hours).

Programs where you already applied will be notified of the update.  Whether they choose to pull the updated application is up to them (i.e., some schools do not accept any updates - they require everything to be completed at the time of application).  

EDIT:  From what I understand, it is NOT recommended that you do frequent updates (e.g., monthly?) because the incremental changes are probably not worth the incremental "annoyance" (my word!) to the programs where you've applied.  I'd suggest you check with the schools where you've applied and find out how frequently (and if) they consider updates.  

Archived