Interviewing a PA for a college paper

Hi all,

Just found this forum. I apologize if this is not the correct forum section to post this in, but this seemed the most accurate. I'm a student at Columbus State Community College and I am currently writing a paper which requires a short interview with a PA. I am going for a BS in Biology and will be going to apply for PA school after that. This paper is for an English class based on your planned profession. I have chosen to write about the PANRE and proposed changes. The questions for the interview are impersonal/can be confidential. There are ten questions about the PANRE and the new re-certification proposal. The PA who I have been talking to (who is a PA I've seen as a patient) has stopped responding to emails as of last week. The details for the assignment were released last monday, she stopped responding on that Wednesday, so I'm at a loss as to where to go otherwise for the interview on such short notice.

If anyone would be willing to do this interview, please let me know. We can conduct the interview over email, and I can post the questions publicly here.

Thanks!

Aaron

Anybody? Any help would be appreciated, even a nudge in the right direction. I have 5 days left to find someone to lend me ten minutes of their time.

The questions are as follows: 

1. What is your opinion on the current PANRE process of PAs? Do you think it could be improved? If so, how?

2. Do you believe the new PANRE process will help or inhibit PAs in primary care practice? What about specialized practice (such as your field in orthopedics)? 

3. Do you believe that the take home portion of the proposed PANRE will be an effective judge of professional competence?

4. Do you think that PAs will provide a higher quality of patient care due to the new PANRE?

5. Do you believe that the proposed PANRE process will reshape the PANCE exams?

6. Will new PANREs/PANCEs have any notable effect on PA autonomy in the future?

7. Do you agree or disagree with the JAAPA article "Unraveling the Re-certification Conundrum"?

8. If you had the chance to talk to the NCCPA members in charge of the PANRE, what would you say?

10. If you were put in charge of modeling the PANRE, how would you model it?

^^ Agreed.  The questions you are asking (and 10 of them!) would require much more than 10 minutes of their time.  You could search the forum to find a topic on the new PANRE changes and get a feel for what people think, but if you want these questions answered, you are better off finding a PA in your town who can talk to you in person.

Archived