Do you think I will get in this cycle?

Hi all,

What do you all think of my stats,

Overall GPA 3.43

I have about 2C's in my pre-req courses

Pre-req GPA coming out to be ~3.3

Volunteered in hospitals (~300hrs)

CNA (~100hrs – present)

Medical scribe in the ED (~600hrs – present)

​International medical volunteer for 25 days in a private hospital

Total all together ~1100hrs

Trying to improve my GRE to 300

Rec letter from professor and two PA’s

I am thinking to apply to 12-15 schools

What do you guys think of my stats and what do I need to do more to improve, do I have chance for interview or getting into any of the program ? 

I'd get more hours, but it looks good. Deff don't apply to 12-15 schools. That's a waste of money. Focus more on what the schools are looking for and select ones that fit you. I'd say 8-10 max. Also, there are a lot of programs that do accept scribe as hours. Each program is different. You seem like a good candidate, you just want to find the traits that make you stand out from the rest. Goodluck to you :)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Get more HCE hours. Also check with the program's you're interested in because many programs don't fully accept Scribe as healthcare experience. Keep racking up hours and if you don't get in this round, retake biochem and add another science class like genetics, pharmacology, organic chem, etc. and ace them to help your GPA. Only thing you lose from applying now is money. The worst that can happen is a no but either way you get experience from applying, getting feedback, and maybe a couple of interviews

Archived