Recommended CASPA submission time

Hello,

When is the recommended CASPA submission time? I still need to retake my GRE once more prior to submission. I was planning on taking it the second week of June, possibly the 3rd week. Given it takes approximately 4 weeks for CASPA to process transcripts, do you think that is too late to be taking the GRE? 

Or, should I list my first GRE score, with a less than optimal verbal reason score and update my GRE score once I retake it?

Thank you for any advise you may have. 

Complete and submit your CASPA application as soon as possible. The application cycle opens next week. I recommend May if you're really trying to be early but June is still considered early as well. Anything past June is usually peak season meaning the majority of candidates are submitting around this time.

Most programs operate on a rolling admissions basis meaning they review and accept candidates as their applications come in to them. The earlier you submit, the less competition you are facing and the more seats the program has to offer.

Good luck!

Yes! What he said ^^^

Also just add in your scores that you have into CASPA. Retake your GRE as soon as possible and the. Update them afterwards. But FYI you will need to send the update to the program's individually not through CASPA. Once CASPA is verified you cannot make changes.

Also, there could be some schools (including UC Davis) that will not accept anything that's not through CASPA, so I'm not sure if you'll come across that with other programs.

Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived