Interviewing 2nd year in a row

I interviewed last year and was put on the Hold list. After talking to my counselor I was told I got perfect marks in my interview last year but that my GPA and community service needed work. I've been working on both this past year to make myself a stronger candidate. I have an interview scheduled for next month and my question is if anyone knows if the interview will be the same this time around or if they will ask questions completely different knowing we've already answered the questions from a year ago. I'm guessing they will at least ask what I've done this past year to make myself a stronger candidate but I wonder if they will still ask all of the same questions, such as; How will you pay for this? How long do you plan on studying? Do you have a good support system?

Any input from people who have interviewed twice or are interviewing a second time around would be greatly appreciated.

I interviewed last year and was put on the Hold list. After talking to my counselor I was told I got perfect marks in my interview last year but that my GPA and community service needed work. I've been working on both this past year to make myself a stronger candidate. I have an interview scheduled for next month and my question is if anyone knows if the interview will be the same this time around or if they will ask questions completely different knowing we've already answered the questions from a year ago. I'm guessing they will at least ask what I've done this past year to make myself a stronger candidate but I wonder if they will still ask all of the same questions, such as; How will you pay for this? How long do you plan on studying? Do you have a good support system?

Any input from people who have interviewed twice or are interviewing a second time around would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, congrats on getting an interview and good luck. can i ask for your gpa and community service hours? and how much did your gpa improved from last year. i thought it was kind of odd that they didn't accepted you last year when you had perfects marks on the interview last year. and again good luck...thank you

I don't remember exact numbers from last year. Roughly total GPA: 3.1, Pre-req GPA: 3.5, Community Service: 120hrs. My GPA improved slightly, to like 3.15 and 3.65 respectively, but I increased my hours to over 300. I work full time as an EMT so that's about all I could do. Hopefully they will see this and understand it's impossible for me to get my total GPA up over a 3.3 with over 240 units I've already taken and I can't do more than 200 hrs of community service a year when I work full time.

Once you get an interview it doesn't mean that you are on an equal level as everyone else who got an interview. The interview is graded on a point system just like all of the other areas. And you get in based on your total score. This is what I was told by someone who sits in on the interviews. I don't know if they give bonus points or make exceptions for special circumstances, or if it's just based purely on who has the highest point totals.

Archived