Reapply?

I applied to 8 PA schools last round and was invited to 7 interviews but only interviewed at 5. I didn't get into my top choice school and currently am enrolled at a lower ranked school. Should I not attend this school and reapply next round and try for one of my top schools I was wait listed at?

Early April Fools joke I hope?

I second this. Are you serious? Unless the school is on probation, I would highly advice AGAINST it because there is no guarantee that you will get in your top choice next cycle. Go to this school, pass the boards, and get a job. Ranking of the school really doesn't matter in our profession.

You should never apply to a school that you would not attend if you're accepted.  The "rankings" don't matter if you're looking at an online list or whatever. A PA-C from school A is the same as PA-C from school B.  The only thing to consider is rotation sites and PANCE rates but either way those both ultimately come down to you making the best of it and making sure you are prepared.  

Would you seriously take an entire year off to reapply for a chance at acceptance there? Applications cost a lot of money... I don't know why anyone would pass up an acceptance to PA school knowing full well how competitive it is and also setting yourself back a year.

Archived