Did anyone study before starting PA school?

Heya,

I agree with a lot of what most people are saying.

Your next 2years+ will be 100% dedicated to the study of the medical field. You will fall off the face of the earth, staying up overnight, night after night studying for your 3 tests you will have that week. Depending on the program, you might get a few weeks off for holiday in the year, but that's it. Even then, you may still spend some time catching up or getting ahead of the curve.

Most programs understand you might have a lot of experience in medicine, or a little. Everyone will start fresh and be taught as fresh candidates. Most programs won't just let you fall behind and fail, so there isn't much of a reason to study for material that may or not may be taught in your classes.

In my opinion, take some time off. Splurge a little. Go on that vacation you want to go on. Relax. Spend time with friends and family, as you might not see them for a while.

I like your feedback! I start school in one month though, so its a little late for me lol. 

You might already know this, but Massachusetts Institute of Technology puts much of its pass coursework and lecture slides on its course website.  I noticed there are a few courses in neurophysiology and pharmacology there.

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/find-by-topic/#cat=science&subcat=biology&spec=neurobiology

These might be worth a look.

Archived