Interfolio

A friend of mine recently mentioned she used an online program called Interfolio to manage her letters of recommendation. Her writers would submit their letters to her through that site and she would send them to her med schools she wanted to apply to. I'm wondering if CASPA allows this program or even where I should have my references send their letters considering the application cycle isn't open yet. I'm a first time applier and am still wondering how the process works.

Thanks!

Also CASPA won't accept letters from Interfolio: http://help.unicas.com:8888/caspaHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/additional-information/letters-of-reference/index.html

Q: Can I send letters of reference which are on file at Interfolio or a career center?

A: NO. All letters of reference must be completed via the CASPA reference website by the evaluator themselves.

Whenever in doubt, it pays to check the CASPA instructions first.

I wasn't sure which thread to post this on but I thought it was worth mentioning since it is in regards to letters of recommendation. This past cycle I had two MD's and a PA write me a letter of recommendation. The PA who wrote my letter submitted it super early which was great. The only problem was...she wrote a letter for another applicant and noticed something was different when writing...it turns out she went back to the letter she wrote for me a couple weeks earlier and noticed it was submitted COMPLETELY BLANK.

Luckily, I was able to contact CASPA (which was a nightmare) early enough and get them to delete the blank letter and have the PA resubmit my actual letter the right way.

I thought I should bring this up to the other applicants on this site because I would have had no idea that my letter was blank! My application would have been rejected automatically (after all that money spent) due to only having two actual letters of recommendation. My advice to everyone is to call CASPA once your letters are submitted and verify that there is an actual letter there!

Thankfully, I was accepted this cycle! But you can imagine my panic when the PA called me and freaked out about the mistake! And who knows if this has happened to other applicants or if it was just a random thing that happened to me. Either way, call and confirm!

P.S. I know this is unrelated to Interfolio but I just wanted to get the word out!

Archived