PANRE Hoopla

I have to admit, It's making me sweat a little :sweat:. Hearing of PAs in practice for years failing, passing but originally told they failed, then some others saying there were more than a few questions that left them scratching their heads. It doesn't quite give me the warm fuzzies as a poor new grad who definitely cannot afford to take this more than once. I haven't heard too many gripes from the new PANCE takers but then again, I haven't talked to many. The thing that concerns me the most is hearing PAs who have recert. in the past say the new PANRE seemed to be more difficult and somewhat different in content than in years past despite the NCCPA saying that only the # questions has changed.

So, my question to you guys (especially those who have taken the new PANCE) Were the standard exam prep materials everyone has used in the past still high yield/adequate?? (Exam master, Kaplan, Appleton & Lange, Current,old PACKRATS, etc?) Does anyone feel certain subspecialties were emphasized more/less than in the past?

I'm trying to do everything right here... I graduated from a great program, had great rotations, am giving myself a month after graduation to study, subscrip to exam master, using multiple sources etc. I just don't want to be caught off guard here and certainly don't intend to write a big old check to the NCCPA twice. I would really appreciate any recent exam takers who could chime in and give their thoughts on this :) !

I'm trying to do everything right here... I graduated from a great program, had great rotations, am giving myself a month after graduation to study, subscrip to exam master, using multiple sources etc. I just don't want to be caught off guard here and certainly don't intend to write a big old check to the NCCPA twice.

you shouldn't have anything to worry about. good program, good study plan, you should be fine. pance/panre are actually not very difficult and they curve a passing score really low like 340/800.

Archived