Preparing for applications

Hi all,

Less than two months before the CASPA opens! Any input on what to do in preparation for the application cycle during these couple of months? I want to be as prepared as possible and I feel like I'm twiddling my thumbs before the CASPA opens. Thank you all!

I basically made an excel spreadsheet with every program/s information such as deadlines, LOR requirements, GPA/GRE requirements, start date, supplementals, separate HCE forms, cost, etc. Add or take away things to the list as you prefer.

Get your LORs in order, make sure you check every program's website to determine their exact requirements. Some programs will want two letters from a PA/MD and others might not, and so on. You don't want to be caught off guard at the last minute. Keep in touch with the people that are writing your LOR and update them with anything that might be significant to the letter they'll be writing for you. 

Some schools will NOT notify you to finish their supplementals once you submit your CASPA. They will expect you to do so without notifying you if they already have the supplemental listed on their website. 

SAVE MONEY! You will be driving/flying back and forth and it adds up pretty quick once interview season starts.

Good luck! 

apthepa.blogspot.com

Archived