MEDEX Combined Selection Conference in Seattle January 12th

Good luck to everyone interviewing in the combined selection :) I have also been invited to join Yakima 19 along with rchfpc, cityboy, and Corpsman2PA! I wholeheartedly agree with all the advice that has been shared. If you didn't catch the comment by rchfpc, I encourage you to go back and read it. Think about stressing the importance of teamwork and not throwing anyone under the bus. This happened in one interview I was in and I'm telling you that the adcom saw right through it. Two of us were accepted into the program and the other one already received a denial letter.

In this process you will possibly be building significant relationships with future classmates and meeting up beforehand will begin the bonding experience. You will never forget your interview day EVER and will probably be talking about it many years from now when new prospective students start picking your brain for tips :)

Another tip for you just to think about.... I was GRILLED on my passion for this profession I why I truly feel I am deserving of a spot in the class. Make sure you know excactly who you are, where you fit in with this profession, why you are so passionate about it, and why they should pick you. Stay true to who you are and don't give them an answer that you think they want to hear. They will dig and dig deep to get it out of you. Let them see it :)

One last piece of advice.... Try your best to let it all go after you leave the interview because you have done all you can do. I stressed and obsessed over every little thing and Prilosec became my new bestie while waiting for THE phone call. I really hated when people told me to "just be myself" but I can say with 100% confidence that after I relaxed and was able to do that, I felt so much better about the way I presented myself.

Good luck to everyone! I'll be looking for updates as you begin getting your acceptance phone calls :)

Sara

Hi everyone. My name is Nicole, and I will be coming from Kennewick to interview in Seattle also on the 12th. I just discovered this forum thanks to my new friend Cityboy (thanks again, Dustin). I would also love to meet up the night before, but I may not be getting there until around 9ish--so I don't know if that will be too late? I can't leave town until about 5pm. Praying the drive is not icy...

I hope to meet you all soon.

Nicole:)

• 8 months later...

Archived