MEDEX Combined Selection Conference in Seattle January 12th

Hi Folks, I read a suggestion above by MissT about meeting up the night before. I think that is a great idea. I attended the first Yakima interview in December and have been accepted to Yakima Class 19. I can say from experience that meeting up with other interviewees the night before definitely helped the day of. I am sure all who did so in our group can attest similarly. I think there were about ten of us that broke the ice the night prior, along with a current first year student, all thanks to this forum. I would go-as-far-to-say that the day of the interview we were much more comfortable and tight-knit in comparison to other interviewees. Good luck to all who interview next week. You will have more fun than you would expect.

-Dustin

Hi Folks, I read a suggestion above by MissT about meeting up the night before. I think that is a great idea. I attended the first Yakima interview in December and have been accepted to Yakima Class 19. I can say from experience that meeting up with other interviewees the night before definitely helped the day of. I am sure all who did so in our group can attest similarly. I think there were about ten of us that broke the ice the night prior, along with a current first year student, all thanks to this forum. I would go-as-far-to-say that the day of the interview we were much more comfortable and tight-knit in comparison to other interviewees. Good luck to all who interview next week. You will have more fun than you would expect.

-Dustin

I found a couple of places near the Watertown Hotel:

1.Cafe on the Ave

2. Kai's Bistro

The first one would be nice for coffee (decaf, we'll be wired enough :O_O:) and both serve food. I can't make it any earlier than 8 p.m. If something else sounds better please let us know.

For all who are planning to come please chime in with your name, please, I'm Ric. Now, if we can find a current student who would be interested in joining us.

-Dustin

I was also in the first round of interviews in Yakima and totally agree with Dustin.

You can't go wrong meeting up with your fellow interviewees the night before. Most of us had a beer or two but I certainly wouldn't recommend showing in the morning without enough sleep.....if you get my meaning. One thing that I feel compelled to share with you as you go forward with what could be the most important interview of your career is to remember you will be scrutinized over how well you can work as a team. I will so far as to say that while you are interviewing alongside 2 other classmates, you will gain absolutely nothing by intentionally or perhaps accidentally throwing someone under the proverbial bus. I know, you are probably saying "no way would anyone do that in such an academic environment".....right? Wrong. Listen, do the pre-interview group meet the night before or even a huddle before walking into your interview and just put it out there so that everyone is in the same boat. Remember, medicine is a highly collaborative profession and this is your chance to prove you can work with colleagues in a small group environment. Beyond that, you already look good on paper so good luck and enjoy your interviews.

Rich...Yakima Class 19!

I'm also interviewing on the 12th of January for the Seattle class. It would be nice to meet up beforehand with other applicants. As for places to meet I would recommend:

- Flowers Bar

or

- Big Time Brewing Company

I have been to both and they are pretty chill with plenty of room and a good food and drink selection.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

- Jenn

I've looked over this thread and found five people, including me that are interested in getting together Wed. nite. They are Dave, me, Theresa, Jenn & Clayton, if I missed someone I apologize; please speak up : - }

There were four places mentioned: Flower's Bar, Big Time Brewing Co., Cafe on the Ave., and Kai's Bistro.

I believe that sums it up. Still waiting to hear if a current student would join us.

Ric

Archived