How did your program assign rotations

Hey guys,

I will be starting my program at Philadelphia University in July. I pretty much have an idea of how the didactic year will play out, I am just curious about how your programs assigned rotations? Did you all get a list to choose from that are situated all over the United States, or were they pretty much just located around your campus? Also, were you able to set up your own rotations, even if your program has never sent a student to that location before?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

We didn't figures ours out maybe until a month before rotations. They gave us a "dream" sheet w/ different states (ie: Utah, Arizona, Texas, etc) and then few weeks later received rotations. Some classmates are traveling a bunch (days worth trips to rotations that only last 6 weeks), I ended up with most in the same state that I attend my program, which I think is convenient, cheaper, less of a hassle in regards to housing etc. 

I do have one in colorado which will be nice. Bunch of fun things to do there. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is something you typically ask during interviews.  Some schools require far away rotations, some stay in the general area, I've heard of some that pretty much use a single site for all of them...usually it's a deal maker/breaker for picking a school.

Schools also vary on whether or not you can 'self identify' sites or how many because it is a LOT of work for them to make sure the site is meeting standards.  Again, usually something to ask before you commit.

At this point, does it really matter if you're already going to a specific program?  You'll follow their rules, and you'll find those out soon enough.

Archived