Orgo II GPA Risk?

So orgo II is required for my major (nutrition) but I'm hesitant about taking it and possibly bringing down my GPA.The other option would be to choose a different major that I'm less passionate about, but which doesn't require a second semester of orgo.

I'm kind of torn with what to do. I did okay in orgo I (B+) but barely even pulled that off with an immense amount of hours studying. On the other hand, I don't want to be bored studying a subject I'm less passionate about; however my long-term goal IS PA school and I realize how important GPA is.

If anyone has any insight, I would appreciate it. Sometimes it helps to see things from a different perspective.

I wouldn't change majors for one class, clearly your worst grade would only be a C, otherwise you wouldn't graduate. Unless your GPS is on the cusp of undesirable, then the hit won't be that bad overall. Stick to what you are passionate about, it will all work out in the end.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Orgo II is a prerequisite for biochem at my university. A lot of programs are starting to want biochem and I can understand why. Orgo II is not an easy course and neither is biochem, but plenty of people do well in them. Use your university's resources to go to tutoring, form study groups and find something that works for you. Find a chemistry major and become their friend! That's what I did, a lot of them will be able to explain things from a student's perspective that is similar to yours, with a little deeper understanding. Good luck!

Archived