Market Saturation---Direct Contact Health Care Experience Advice Needed

For phlebotomy or CNA you have to start at the bottom. Many people get their first job in a nursing home. I started in an underserved psych hospital. Either go CNA or find a phlebotomy job somewhere, my 2 cents.

I would have done that...if I could get a job in phlebotomy.

You may have already tried this approach, but I'd attempt to sell myself as a PRN option for a facility. Places may not be eager to hire a full timer, but often they really would like someone to plug some holes in the schedule. Places don't even Need to have oppenings for you to drop by and ask if they are looking for a prn... At least it wouldn't stop me from making a pitch for a job.

That's actually something I have never heard of...what does it stand for?

Prn is med terminology for "as needed". In this case it refers to employees that are basically on call. They aren't typically benefitted, but at my facility they get a differential that brings their wages up above regularly full time and part time employees. Whenever an employee needs a day off, or is sick, or when things ge really busy, supervisors can plug the schedule with prn workers.

Ah ha, I will surely look into that. I'm assuming I could call up HR of a few hospitals and ask about that. Thank you for the sound advice.

Archived