Inpatient billing

I'm looking for a class on inpatient billing. Anyone know of a good one?

Additionally, I am looking for info from other PA's and what they bill for their services. Does the physician have to see the patient on daily rounds to bill 100%. Can we bill "incident to" in the hospital setting?

I'm looking for a class on inpatient billing. Anyone know of a good one?

Additionally, I am looking for info from other PA's and what they bill for their services. Does the physician have to see the patient on daily rounds to bill 100%. Can we bill "incident to" in the hospital setting?

AAPA used to do a billing class that was very good. They are supposedly revamping it to be web based but I'm not sure of the status.

As far as billing PAs can bill for any service on the inpatient side that a physician can. For Medicare there is no incident to for inpatients. You can use whats called shared billing. In shared billing the PA can do the bulk of the work. The physician must have a face to face encounter, document the face to face encounter and indicate that they have reviewed the note. This is then billed under the physician at 100%.

Here is a chart that describes the various encounters:

http://www.compliance-institute.org/pastcis/2008/Conference/500s/505/OverviewMedicareBillingRulesSplit-SharedE-MServices.pdf

Here is an article from the hospitalist on shared billing:

http://www.the-hospitalist.org/details/article/972775/SharedSplit_Service.html

There is also an AAPA paper available if you are a member.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Remote medical coder identify relevant diagnosis code and assign unique code under medical procedures to patient medical diagnoses encounters in order to ensure appropriate claim reimbursement of healthcare service provider.Moreover remote medical coding process helps organisation to eliminate the need to keep track of staffs.

Archived