Florida hospital College/ Nova PA Orlando duel enrollment????

:confused:Hello,

I am currently enrolled in The Florida Hospital Dual enrollment program with Nova Orlando. I have already graduated FHC with an AS in Radiography and a certificate in Nuclear Medicine. I only have 2 1/2 semesters to go before I meet the requirements for both FHC and Nova pre-req's, but I am wondering how this is all going to work because I will be finishing my last semester in the spring of 2011. Because of the agreement FHC has with Nova they are supposed to secure 10 spots for FHC students, and then grant them a BSBM upon the completion of the first year at Nova. My question is I will be applying in the middle of my last few classes. Does anyone have any knowledge about this dual agreement they have, or has anyone gone this route and made it through to Nova. There are a lot of gray areas that I can't get a straight answer from either of the two schools?????? I am working full time as a nuclear medicine tech, and in order to finish in 21/2 semesters I will need to quit my job, but I don't know if they will even look at me if I still have classes to take? Any advice would be GREAT!!!:confused:

• 8 months later...
I'm considering the dual enrollment option between FSCJ/Nova-Jacksonville- posted in the Nova-Jacksonville section. Has this worked out for you, with the Orlando campus?

No, come to find out for the five years they advertised, they never actually matriculated any students!! And then all of a sudden they cut ties with Florida Hospital college and quit the dual admissions. So, everyone was left hanging! It was always a grey area, and no one really knows what happened. Needless to say I am finishing my BS then applying. Good Luck! Maybe it has worked out for Jacksonville!

I just spoke to an advisor at FSCJ, today and was told they no longer offered the dual enrollment program. So, I guess I'll stick with my plan, as well. I don't have a lot to finish, I just wanted to make sure I was using the best options. At my current rate, I'll be on track to enter a program somewhere, within the next couple of years. Thanks for letting me know how things worked out, though.

Jacque

• 9 months later...

Archived