An ugly update

Back in March I posted about a kid who gets brought into the department very often by his mom for, most of the time, no good reason. About 50 visits and the kid is a little over two years old now. We have never found anything seriously wrong with the kid. Mom brings the other kids in too, but this is the kid with the most visits.

Last week in our local newspaper I see that the kid's dad was arrested for long term molestation of the kid's sister, 15 years old.

So, yeah. Ugly.

If anything, I post this as a reminder than we have probably have no idea what the hell is really going on with our patients when they are at home. We just see these tiny little slices of their lives and try to make some sense of it.

just got chewed on by a mom - 18yr old kid comes in and the whole room stinks like etoh - I ask him about it and persist a little bit (really stinks like Etoh) let it die with just the "don't drink and drive"

then kid gets home and mom calls up LIVID

oh well - I explain to her that my responsiblity is to the son and the safety of the community - she is pissed - oh well.... it is stories like the above that make it easier to stand up and do the right thing even if we piss people off....

my hearts go out to the family of this scum bag - no one deserves that....

Archived