Chiropractor to PA

hey everyone.. Im in my last year of chiropractic school and looking to go into PA school immediately afterwards. I have already applied to a few schools that dont require caspa bc I was not able to make the deadline. I also retook micro, anatomy and physio over again last semester bc most schools require it to be with in 5 years and I got A's in all 3. My undergrad science gpa is pretty good, the only C's I have are in O chem 1 and gchem 2. All the other undergrad science are all A's and B's... more on the B side. Keep in mind, these were taken over 5 years ago. I wanted to take ochem and gchem over again but its so hard bc im in in clinic or studying for boards etc and all the community classes that offer them are in the morning which conflict with my chiropractic schedule. Do you guys think that I have a legit chance of getting into PA school?

You must really enjoy school then...lol

So, I'm just curious of the switch to PA from chiropractic?? Was that the plan?

I'd get the best possible grades and focus on that. You have a lot on your plate. One thing at a time I guess. Get your boards out of the way if you are still keeping that on the plate then find a school that gives you the schedule you need to accommodate your clinic work because you will need that. Bring those grades up because you will have to be prepared to answer to those and your transition.

Gotta get the ducks in order, then worry about applying and what you might say. Hope that helps.

I have no idea of your chances of getting into PA school, there are waaayyyy too many variables. Best I can offer is for you to pick the schools that jive with your own personal beliefs, ensure you make their min. requirements and apply.

On a side note, I bat around the idea of going to chiro school as a twilight retirement in 15 or so years. By then the kids will be either through college or well on their way, I'll have some solid PA experience behind me, and knowing myself and my habits, I'll be looking for a new toy to play with. (figuratively speaking). If I had a business mind, I'd dream of having a wellness clinic that contained primary care providers, physical therapy providers, chiropractors, and massage therapists all under one roof. Toss in some imaging and a lab...

anyways...back on topic..research your schools, find the ones that match your own beliefs...it'll make interviewing much easier.

Archived