Manhattan Campus 2011-2012 application cycle

I got an email notice last Thursday that a letter was sent in the mail, which I received on Saturday. I also have an interview on the 6th.

kshiple, what time is your interview and does anyone here know whats on the agenda? Are there essays? Do we meet current students? How many people do the interview?

I read in other forum that it's 2 people that'll be interviewing us. What time is your interview zippyNJ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
@ Alexandrarose22 Congrats on your acceptance! I actually have an interview next Monday, Feb 27th. I'm super nervous but everybody keeps telling me that I'll do fine. Any advice you can spare to a nervous gal? What should I expect? Where any of the interview questions challenging?

Hello :)

First of all do not be nervous, they were very nice. It was two woman who interviewed me and they asked questions like, "What is a PA?", "Tell us about your shadowing experience", "What do you expect the program to be like?" "What do you know and think about PA's in the research field". Answer them honestly and with confidence and you will be fine. Just be yourself! Goodluck and let me know if you need anything else.

Alex

Hello :)

First of all do not be nervous, they were very nice. It was two woman who interviewed me and they asked questions like, "What is a PA?", "Tell us about your shadowing experience", "What do you expect the program to be like?" "What do you know and think about PA's in the research field". Answer them honestly and with confidence and you will be fine. Just be yourself! Goodluck and let me know if you need anything else.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks so much for your input and advice because it helped out ALOT! I'm trying my best to shake the nerves. I know they are normal. I just want to do good and for them to LOVE me. lol. And thanks for your good luck wishes. I hope the next time you hear from me that I will have great news!:;-): Oh...one more question...how long was the interview and is there an essay portion of the interview?

Hi Alex,

Thanks so much for your input and advice because it helped out ALOT! I'm trying my best to shake the nerves. I know they are normal. I just want to do good and for them to LOVE me. lol. And thanks for your good luck wishes. I hope the next time you hear from me that I will have great news!:;-): Oh...one more question...how long was the interview and is there an essay portion of the interview?

Most of the interviews were 20-30 minutes long, but I was only interviewed for 12 minutes so I guess it varies! There was no essay portion, literally I walked in, signed my name and interviewed and left. It was a nice, calm experience. Goodluck and let me know how it goes!

Hey Alex,

So...I had my interview today. I felt indifferent about it. I feel like it went really well, it's was just me being sooo over criticial over myself AFTER the interview. (I tend to over think a bit) My interview probably lasted for 20 mins. Heck...I want to say it lasted for 15 mins because I wasn't seen exactly @ the time of my schedules interview. Really short! And I met with the Director and Associate director...while the others that were there met with other staff members. ( I didn't know whether to take that as a good sign or what...lol...)

It was a very calm experience. I got a lot of situation/scenario type of questions. I was surprised they didn't ask me WHY I wanted to become a PA. It was soo hard to read them, but I'm hoping that I did good. I answered all questions honestly. So hopefully they see that and see what I can bring to Touro. They said applicants find out whether they get accepted, rejected, or waitlisted 2-3 weeks. You found out about your acceptance is 2 days! Which is great!

Thank you SOO much for all your help and input. I'll be sure to let you know either good news or bad news as soon as I get information. In the meantime..send some positive energy THEIR way for me! lol:wink:

Hey Alex,

So...I had my interview today. I felt indifferent about it. I feel like it went really well, it's was just me being sooo over criticial over myself AFTER the interview. (I tend to over think a bit) My interview probably lasted for 20 mins. Heck...I want to say it lasted for 15 mins because I wasn't seen exactly @ the time of my schedules interview. Really short! And I met with the Director and Associate director...while the others that were there met with other staff members. ( I didn't know whether to take that as a good sign or what...lol...)

It was a very calm experience. I got a lot of situation/scenario type of questions. I was surprised they didn't ask me WHY I wanted to become a PA. It was soo hard to read them, but I'm hoping that I did good. I answered all questions honestly. So hopefully they see that and see what I can bring to Touro. They said applicants find out whether they get accepted, rejected, or waitlisted 2-3 weeks. You found out about your acceptance is 2 days! Which is great!

Thank you SOO much for all your help and input. I'll be sure to let you know either good news or bad news as soon as I get information. In the meantime..send some positive energy THEIR way for me! lol:wink:

I thought I did bad too because I was nervous in the beginning. I am sure you did well! Good Luck and keep us posted :)

Archived