less than a Bachelors Degree?

Guest jheather10

Guest jheather10

Hello,

I am in my third year of college, in New York State, and have been planning my coursework around the pre-reqs for the PA program at NSU Orlando. The requirements (besides the specific courses), say to have 90 credits, 60 of which are lowerlevel undergrad, and 30 are upper level undergrad. I am moving to Orlando in January for the June 2011 program, and I am wondering if many applicants/accepted students apply to the program with a Bachelor's Degree, or if they have have these credit requirements. This way I can see if my chances will be lowered without a Bachelor's Degree.

Thanks!!

It is a big mistake to work around one program only. Your chance to get in can be very small to one school only. You should look at at least 5 to 8 schools or even more and take pre req classes to qualify to any of them. Do not rush, make sure you get good grades. People with master degrees now are applying and I mean hundreds. I say take your time, finish you bachlors degree, take as many science courses as possible and get good grades.

One more thing, do not ignore experience in the health field. Many of the aplicant already work in health care.

Good luck. I wish you the best.

Hello,

I am in my third year of college, in New York State, and have been planning my coursework around the pre-reqs for the PA program at NSU Orlando. The requirements (besides the specific courses), say to have 90 credits, 60 of which are lowerlevel undergrad, and 30 are upper level undergrad. I am moving to Orlando in January for the June 2011 program, and I am wondering if many applicants/accepted students apply to the program with a Bachelor's Degree, or if they have have these credit requirements. This way I can see if my chances will be lowered without a Bachelor's Degree.

Thanks!!

Keep in mind that the requirements posted on each school website are just the minimum standard requirements in order to be "considered" for the program. Each new admission cycle year will be much more competitive than the previous year and in order to secure at least an interview into the PA program of your choice, you will find that the majority of the applicants have exceeded the minimum standard requirements.

If you are already in your third year of college, my advice would be to continue on with college and finish your fourth year. By then, when you apply, you will already have finished your degree and this will make you a much more stronger applicant.

By no means am I saying that having just a bachelor's degree will guarantee you a spot into the program as there are many other factors involve such as ones grade point averages, health care experiences, letter of recommendations, gre scores (if applying to a masters program), performance in the interview, the applicant's overall picture and how the program and the applicant's are a good "fit" for each other and such. I wish you all the best!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello, everybody! I hope someone can help me to get the information I need. I'm currently studying at DSC, in two semesters I should receive my AA degree. I want to become a physician assistant, so I found this PA program in Orlando Nova Southern University. I have all their admission requirement including required courses. In order for me to enroll in PA program I need to have a BS. Can someone tell me what BS degrees are more preferable in Nova? I found bunch of them on the Internet, but I was hoping that someone can suggest the particular ones. Your replies will be most appreciated. Thank you.

Archived