Just Accepted into St. Johns need advice

Guest Shopahaulic

Guest Shopahaulic

Hey everyone,

So I was just accepted into St. Johns and Kings College PA program..... not sure which one I should accept. I would appreciate any advice on the two programs.

Does anyone know what the tuition rate is for St. Johns? Also will it hurt my job prospects attending a certificate program vs a masters?

Also what is the class schedule/times like for St. Johns b/c at Kings it was 13hrs a day.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I was very fortunate to be able to shadow a PA at Johns Hopkins Hospital this year. I spoke to him today, and he said that when you get right down to it, it doesn't matter. The curricula are all standardized as for the PA part, and it's YOU who will earn your spot at your first job, not the paper. I know this sounds like rationalizing, but there it is. The profession does not as yet require a Master's.

Also, you can ALWAYS add on a Master's after the fact. There are lots of those programs, many are online.

I saw another post in here that said classes were 8-4 most days, sometimes until 530.

I also have written down that the cost of the entire program (both years) is $48,000. But I can't seem to find that source, so you shouldn't quote me on that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived