The future of military PAs

As I noted in my introductory post, I'm not a PA, but I work with an Army PA at OTSG and I'm interested in how you see the future of the PA profession changing in a world where drones go to battle while fewer soldiers do.  I know that to win the war you must have BOG but do you see the job changing as the "video game" aspect of the fight changes? 

yes, that's true.  I just wondered if you imagined there might be any change, maybe a new specialty field.  Soldiers that I know that conduct drone operations are pretty stressed.  Maybe that will stay a psychology/psychiatrist activity, though those doctors seem a bit overworked as well.  I'm just curious.  Thank you for your feedback. 

• 3 months later...

I thought this was going to be a conversation about the Soldier Centered Medical Home and how the battalion aid station is going away and how promotions suck because there are no PA billets...but yeah, drones will cut back on PA's being deployed by about 1%, sure.

Archived