Shadowing in Fresno, Ca

Hello, I would love an opportunity to work with a Physician's Assistant to get a better understanding of the profession and learn the types of things they encounter on daily basis. I live in Fresno, CA and am having a hard time finding a Physician's Assistant that is able to allow me to do so. Does anybody on here know of a good way to get in contact with someone that is willing to be shadowed in my area? Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Hello jdosanjh29,

I am amazed that your 's didn't draw a comment...lol. In the great state of California, the term Physician's Assistant hasn't really been used in over thirty years. Even though I do still see it used in older laws and regulations. When our institution started a program, adminstration kept using the term. Used to drive me crazy, please don't do it ...lol. If you still need help finding a PA to shadow, maybe we can help you out. We are thinking about how the program can help potential applicants gain this experience. You will need a HIPPA certificate, CPR card and a background check may be required. You can get a HIPPA certificate online: http://www.hipaaexams.com/hipaa-certificate.html. It may not be in the Fresno area. It will be Primary care rural health. This may take time. Good luck in your future PA endeavors.

LesH

Les,

Lol thanks for the correction! This was actually my first (or second) post on the forum and after I became a regular visitor of the site I realized I had been incorrectly adding an "s" at the end. Whoops! I am still very interested in shadowing a PA, so thank you for responding! I will get my HIPPA certification as soon as possible, already have the CPR card, background check is no problem, and primary care is perfect- just tell me when/where to sign up! If you don't post it here I check the SJVC link often so hopefully I find it there, thanks again!

-Jaspreet

Archived