PA Professional Seeking Assistant Editor - First Rounds

PA Professional magazine is seeking a PA student to serve as assistant editor of First Rounds (FR), the magazine’s student section. Published quarterly, the section features articles written exclusively by PA students. The assistant editor will become FR editor when his/her predecessor graduates.

The First Rounds assistant editor will:

- Collaborate with PA Professional and FR editors to develop plans for each issue of FR

- Promote student involvement and respond to inquiries and article submissions

- Work with PA student writers to revise submissions

- Assemble the final selection of articles and photos for each section

If you are a proactive student with a strong interest in writing, editing and media, send a resume with your name, PA program, graduation date and why you would be a great First Rounds editor to: jessica.treiber@my.mcphs.edu.

Requirements: You must be a current PA student in good standing with an accredited PA program and a member of AAPA. The selected candidate will have at least one year remaining in school as of May 2016. Those with prior writing or editing experience will receive preference but is not required. 

• 3 weeks later...

Quite interested, but a current 2nd year student graduating in May.

dchampigny, I wish I could offer you the position, but I don't make the rules. Unfortunately, this is a requirement by PA Professional in order to pass the torch off from assistant editor to senior editor, as this is a technically a 2-year commitment. The first year, you are learning the editorial process with the help of your senior editor. The second year, you take over as senior editor and train a new assistant editor to replace yourself when you leave. I hope that this doesn't discourage you from submitting articles to First Rounds. We definitely could use great writers such as yourself to submit content for publication! 

Archived