1 year of biology

1 year of chemistry

1 year of organic

1 year of physics

Now I'm taking:

A&P 1

Micro

Med term

My problem is that while these are the courses my university said I needed to apply to med school or pa school, I'm receiving feedback that none of them are upper level and therefore not good enough. They want to see performance in upper level biology and chemistry. My surrounding colleges/university don't offer much in regards to upper level human courses. They are also a long commute. I have a 4.0 in all these courses. I'm thinking about just taking the upper level courses online, such as the following.

Biochemistry

Cell biology

Genetics

Anatomy

Physiology

Human disease

Based on my circumstances, will online classes be a viable option or are they a waste of time/money? I don't want to spend time and money to realize I'm still not where I need to be.

Hello

I've taken a year of the following premed courses:

1 year of biology

1 year of chemistry

1 year of organic

1 year of physics

Now I'm taking:

A&P 1

Micro

Med term

My problem is that while these are the courses my university said I needed to apply to med school or pa school, I'm receiving feedback that none of them are upper level and therefore not good enough. They want to see performance in upper level biology and chemistry. My surrounding colleges/university don't offer much in regards to upper level human courses. They are also a long commute. I have a 4.0 in all these courses. I'm thinking about just taking the upper level courses online, such as the following.

Biochemistry

Cell biology

Genetics

Anatomy

Physiology

Human disease

Based on my circumstances, will online classes be a viable option or are they a waste of time/money? I don't want to spend time and money to realize I'm still not where I need to be.

Who is they, what schools?  How many upper level credits do they want?  It is common that many bio courses transfer into different levels contingent on the university.  For example, I took a year of O chem 2000 level classes at a community college that transferred into 3000 level at a major university.  I did the same with genetics.  

Well at my university the advisor said 200 classes are senior level. I don't know what to do. I can't imagine following their pre-med/pre-pa track and having to redo it all after all this time/money was spent.

Surely if I've done all pre-reqs I can do some upper level courses online and be good.

Are online courses pretty well accepted at pa programs if from a reputable place?

I have seen programs require that courses are for science majors, but never once that a course be 300 level or higher. Look at the programs you are interested in. Email or call them and ask specific questions. Do that before spending $$$ on repeating classes that will just have their grades averaged in CASPA anyway.

Archived