Help with Rash

Dear All,

Are there any dermatology PAs on this forum? If so, I am having a little difficulty identifying a rash. I have attached a copy of the rash (photo) to this message.

I would appreciate a reply when possible from a dermatology PA.

Thanks,

Mark

post-52214-13793485053_thumb.jpg

Yes, I only noticed the fact that the photo is somewhat difficult to see once I altered it in to allow it to be uploaded onto the site. There seems to be some restrictions with respect to size and therefore, I cropped the photo to lessen the size, but in doing so, the focus was impaired. The rash is extremely itchy at times and it seems to be spreading to other parts of the back. History includes diabetes (II), hypertension, depression, anxiety and chronic pain. The rash is localized on the back with no other rashes seen anywhere else on the body; it pretty much just affects the upper right back. There also seems to be a herald patch, but at times this is not altogether clear to the observer. It does not itch with respect to any specific time of the day and it doesn't seem to be a rash that is associated with an allergy. Patient is 53 with no other pertinent medical history. If needed, I can certainly try to get some photos that are more in focus.

Thanks!

Archived