Wake Forest PA Student Input- What was your experience like?

Hello everyone! I am applying to Wake Forest along with some other schools, and wanted to get more insight from those who are in the program or from those who have graduated from the program. Please share your best/worst experiences, things that may have changed your perspective of medicine throughout your time at WF, tips for new applicants, how you worked within their problem-based learning model, your experiences during the clinical phases, the process for choosing or being assigned to certain rotations, etc. I am really just wanting to get to the heart of the experience at this school. I have heard that the experience, particularly at Wake Forest, is one where you will get out what you put in. While I believe that this is true really for any program, why is it particularly true at Wake Forest? Were there aspects of the program that you didn't like? Did you feel prepared for the PANCE? What makes this program stand out for you? Any information you are willing to share, I'm happy to listen. :=D:

• 11 months later...

BUMP....Interested as well to know-what your life was like during the 1st year of the PA program? What was your class schedule like? Did you often go home well after 5pm? How many hours a day did you need to study? How much "free time" did you have? Was it as intense as most PA students say it is? What were your classmates like and in general living in the area and the program as a whole? Thanks!

Archived