Medical Insurance coverage (compensation ??)

My employer covers a full family medical plan for the doctors but only a single for the "extenders". I took a complaint to management and they said they would agree to change this if I can show that it is an industry standard that hospital cover medical insurance benefits for their "extenders". I am curious if anyone has any information or any good resources on this. AAPA salary guides do not cover many fringe benefits, only cme leave and vacation. The Advance magazine does not have any benefits in it either. Anyone have any other good resources?

• 5 months later...

I've never heard of doctors and "extenders" having different health insurance plans. I'm in school right now but is this normal in many different businesses? Do the executives or the top level employees receive better health plans than the junior employees? I know my husband works for a large bank and he's always had a Cadillac plan from the time he started as a junior to now.

I've never heard of doctors and "extenders" having different health insurance plans. I'm in school right now but is this normal in many different businesses? Do the executives or the top level employees receive better health plans than the junior employees? I know my husband works for a large bank and he's always had a Cadillac plan from the time he started as a junior to now.

Archived