does anyone commute?

Lynn,

I have multiple students in my class that either commute from Fresno or Bakersfield daily during the first year. Then second year, commuting to clinical sites is the norm. Just finished a rotation in which i drove one hour and forty min each way. With that said the school gave me gas vouchers (clinical year) so that was very helpful

lynn,

I commute from bakersfield each day. It is about 78 miles from my door to the school each way. It is tiring but can work. I have found that I make my time useful and use a voice recorder sometimes while I drive. We are approaching the winter so I think I will have to stay up in Visalia more often bc of the fog. The nice thing about that route is there really isnt any traffic unless there is a accident. From parts of Fresno it can take the same amount of time it takes me to get to school. I am the furthest that commutes out of our class.

Do you currently live in Bakersfield?

ya i live in bakersfield and am very interested in sjvc's pa program so im just trying to get all my ducks in a row thank you so much for all the info

• 1 year later...
Interesting, I've been thinking about the commute as well. According to the map on my phone my house is 31 miles from campus. The fog makes me scared though, has anyone actually continued to commute through the fog? Is it worth it?

Your gonna have to commute in the fog sooner or later, more than likely it's gonna happen ALOT more 2nd year as you go to your rotations. As a native I can tell you the fog sucks, but you got to do what ya got to do.

Interesting, I've been thinking about the commute as well. According to the map on my phone my house is 31 miles from campus. The fog makes me scared though, has anyone actually continued to commute through the fog? Is it worth it?

I have a bit of a commute. I had to get used to the fog like everyone else. We have had people driving up and down the 99 for the past 8 years and haven't lost anyone yet.:smile:

Archived