Hi guys I was wondering if there was any development on this topic yet. I'm eager to get into one of those info sessions and learn as much about the program as I can before that scary and hopeful application part. :)

Most of what I cover during these sessions can be found in here. If you have specific questions you can pm me. If I can answer the question I will. I don't do what are my chances questions because I don't know the answer.

Hi guys I was wondering if there was any development on this topic yet. I'm eager to get into one of those info sessions and learn as much about the program as I can before that scary and hopeful application part. :)

We have scheduled three PA seminars:

October 1, 2011 9-12 in room 303

November 19, 2011 9-12 room 303

December 3, 2011 9-12 room 303

PLEASE RSVP :

Aubrey Priest

Physician Assistant Program Admissions Advisor

8400 W. Mineral King Ave

Visalia, CA 93291

559.651-2500 Ext. 148

Aubrey.Priest@sjvc.edu

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like I'll be attending this weekend open house...pretty excited been a year or two since I've been in Visalia. Anyone have a campus map?? Ive looked all over the sjvc website for one with no luck. All i know is the time 9-12p and I believe the room umber is 303...but have no clue where that is on the campus??

-jared

Glad the session was useful. After I had time to think about it there are a few things I wish I would have included or someone would have asked. Here are some things applicants should think about.

If this is the second (or whatever) time applying to the program what is different this time around?

What kind of medicine do you want to practice as a PA?

What are your feelings about driving up to 100 miles one way during clinical rotations?

What do you know about Primary Care, rural health, medically underserved areas?

Explain all Ws, Ds, and/or Fs.

What is your support system while in the program?

How do you handle stressful situations?

Why this program?

How many programs did you apply this cycle?

How flexible do you consider yourself?

Les,

Thanks for all the valuable information! I almost didn't go to the session because you had mentioned in one of your posts that all the information given there is also available here--but I definitely did learn more! And I've been reading these posts often. It was really nice to meet you and finally put a face with the name. :)

-Jaspreet Dosanjh

Hi,

Is the open house on the 3rd still happening? Just wondering because I emailed Aubrey but haven't got a reply.

Thanks,

David

Yes and if you can you might want to plan for a long day because we have added a few things it may last from 9-4. If you can We plan to conduct Admission workshops in January before the interviews start.

Yes and if you can you might want to plan for a long day because we have added a few things it may last from 9-4. If you can We plan to conduct Admission workshops in January before the interviews start.

Sounds good, I can do 9-4. I will be there Saturday and also in January for the workshop if that happens.

Thanks,

David

What will be added to the open house that is adding the extra time as opposed to the previous open house in November? Also What will the admission workshop in January consist of?? and what dates are you looking to have the workshop?

What will be added to the open house that is adding the extra time as opposed to the previous open house in November? Also What will the admission workshop in January consist of?? and what dates are you looking to have the workshop?

Well Jared, here's the deal. Dates are not set. We will try and conduct at least one workshop before we start interviewing as part of a rural health recruitment program. We will be working with Central Valley applicants. On the third we will include information on NHSC, OSHPD and HPEF service based scholarship and loan repayment as part of our NHSC ambassador program. That should make it run a little longer.

Well Jared, here's the deal. Dates are not set. We will try and conduct at least one workshop before we start interviewing as part of a rural health recruitment program. We will be working with Central Valley applicants. On the third we will include information on NHSC, OSHPD and HPEF service based scholarship and loan repayment as part of our NHSC ambassador program. That should make it run a little longer.

Ok. I've been researching those programs online, but im sure more detail will be given at the open house. Hopefully I won’t miss out on too much stuff by not attending to the upcoming open house.

I'll keep an eye out on the forum for dates regarding the workshop so I can get the day off work and head up there.

As Always Thanks for the Info LESH!

Hi Lesh! I am new to this forum but I already find it really helpful with all the information that has been posted! I submitted my app to SJVC a few weeks ago and also attended the open house nov. 19 which was very informational. I am not sure if I will be given an Interview, but I would still love to attend the admission workshop that you have mentioned above. Hopefully the dates for that will be posted on this forum. =)

-Priyanka

Thank you for your interest in the PA program. We hope the staff, students, graduates answered all your questions. Please take a look at the NHSC and HPEF websites for the service based scholarships discussed by Alisa, Alan and Serenity. Like Alisa said "apply for everything"..lol. Get started early collecting the information needed for those scholarship programs. I know the deadlines are a way off and we will still be interviewing but I can only recommend you apply. We are still looking at dates for the CV workshops. We are getting the mailing list together by county and expect to get information out soon.

Archived