Stony Brook M.S. vs. UNMC MPAS degree

I went to Stony Brook. Although I paid out of tuition, it was sooooo much cheaper than any other reputable PA program.

In-state tuition at Stony Brook is a joke. Personally not impressed with the program and the school, like you will hear complaints about any school with high reputation, seriously; but it was one of the cheapest and relatively the most well-established PA program. I would still choose stony brook nonetheless.

Luckily I paid up all my loans in 6 months. :)

if you are doing a masters just to have one because "everyone does" I would do nebraska. if you are doing a masters to advance in your career I wouldn't do a masters in pa studies, I would do an MPH, MEd, MBA, MHA, etc which is focused on your goals.

I have no problem with the medex mpas. I'm sure it's a great program but if doing an mpas (all which will be viewed as equal and basically just something to say you have one)why not do the least expensive accredited program? there are lots of program directors, etc with the nebraska degree and it is accepted to doctorate programs pa's pursue.

if looking into an ms at UW I would probably do the MPH in global health, not the mpas, but that's just me. I actually looked into this program but since I already have an mpas it just made sense to get a doctorate in the same field(global health) for the same amt of money.

http://globalhealth.washington.edu/academics/mph-global-health

I agree with you EMEDPA. I wouldn't even consider doing the MEDEX extended masters. Way too much money for what you get. MEDEX is a great program but I just don't think that their masters is worth the money. I've been tossing around the idea of a MBA in healthcare management but then again that program is just over 30k. I think the return on investment is much higher with the MBA though. The Nebraska MPAS is so cheap though that it's almost too hard to pass up.

Archived