PS for non-CASPA school. Too wordy, could someone critique for content?

I wrote a draft of a PS for a private school and having some difficulties with the content. I wanted to know if someone's willing to comment on it.

(It's unique so I'd rather not post it). I'd be happy to PM.

Very much appreciated.

Here's my first paragraph:

Overcoming challenges and adversity most of my life has influenced me to dedicate to a career I have long dreamed. For several years, being involved as a medical assistant and consumed by science for over 14 years as a senior pharmaceutical researcher, I was committed to my compassion to care for others and intrigued by research and science. Both my struggles and accomplishments have earned me strength and determination and have been a cornerstone to my path towards a career in medicine as a physician assistant......

you could pm it to me if you want.

Thank you! Yourre awesome! I actually deleted two paragraphs to clean it up a bit.

I've sent it to you (it's just a draft so I'm sure there are grammatical errors to be found).

I'm wanting to know if it flows well and gets my point across.

Much appreciated.

Overcoming challenges and adversity most of my life influenced me to choose a career in health care. Being a medical assistant for over 14 years and a pharmaceutical researcher, I was committed to care for others and intrigued by research and science. I have learned strength and determination as a medical assistant and will use these skills to become an effective PA.

Overcoming challenges and adversity most of my life influenced me to choose a career in health care. Being a medical assistant for over 14 years and a pharmaceutical researcher, I was committed to care for others and intrigued by research and science. I have learned strength and determination as a medical assistant and will use these skills to become an effective PA.

Thank you!

Archived