CASPA turnaround

Has anyone submitted in the last couple of weeks? Just wondering what kind of turnaround time on completing and mailing apps off they have had. I got my last two letters of rec in late and my first deadline is Sept 1st. Submitted it last week and I am praying it gets sent off in time . Thanks.

I submitted as soon as my last LOR got in - which was this morning. This is seriously pushing it from past experience, but I'm thinking good thoughts based on some of the stories told lately of fast turn around times, even in August. I'm impressed, & keeping my fingers crossed that mine will have the same luck.

GO CASPA !!!

Hey guys,

Submitted mine on 8/15. I am somewhat confused why people are nervous about CASPA turnaround time? Mine shows complete/unverified as of now. However, every school I called with a 9/1 deadline said that as long as the CASPA is complete (even if unverified) before 9/1 they will except it. I asked them if I completed it and submitted it on 8/31 and it showed complete/unverified (hypothetical) whether that would count as it would take CASPA a while to verify and mail it to them and they would likely receive it in mid-September. Every one of the schools said that this was fine as they just require it to be completed by the deadline date.

Clarification please?

There are some schools that I've looked at that want you to have completed the supplemental by the deadline as well and won't accept the supplemental until they receive the CASPA. Of course I'm working and can't remember which school said that, but that's my major concern. That plus I want to know what my GPA is so I know if I need to submit GRE scores to one of my schools. Also, the waiting is nerve wracking :wink:

By the way, I called them about something unrelated to this topic and the lady said they are currently working on apps that were submitted July 31st. So I'm just going to assume it'll be a couple weeks and stop worrying about it.

Hey guys,

Submitted mine on 8/15. I am somewhat confused why people are nervous about CASPA turnaround time? Mine shows complete/unverified as of now. However, every school I called with a 9/1 deadline said that as long as the CASPA is complete (even if unverified) before 9/1 they will except it. I asked them if I completed it and submitted it on 8/31 and it showed complete/unverified (hypothetical) whether that would count as it would take CASPA a while to verify and mail it to them and they would likely receive it in mid-September. Every one of the schools said that this was fine as they just require it to be completed by the deadline date.

Clarification please?

I know, this has been frustrating for me too. It seems as every school has it's own requirement, whether they accept anything submitted to CASPA by the deadline, or whether they need to have received the application FROM CASPA by the deadline. It would be nice if they could set a standard for this and just have the CASPA deadline be the date that you need to submit to CASPA by. I plan to submit by the end of this week, and I had originally focused on schools with deadlines of 10/01 or later to line up with the 4-6 week suggestion... is this not necessary??

I know, this has been frustrating for me too. It seems as every school has it's own requirement, whether they accept anything submitted to CASPA by the deadline, or whether they need to have received the application FROM CASPA by the deadline. It would be nice if they could set a standard for this and just have the CASPA deadline be the date that you need to submit to CASPA by. I plan to submit by the end of this week, and I had originally focused on schools with deadlines of 10/01 or later to line up with the 4-6 week suggestion... is this not necessary??

3 of my top 5 schools (yale, cornell, and northeastern) all have 9/1 deadlines and all they care about is whether it is "completed" and e-submitted by 9/1 I'd encourage you to apply to schools with a 9/1 deadline. Especially because the previous posts said their CASPA got verified in only a few days! It's worth the 45 bucks to add the schools on in my book (especially a school like yale with no supp).

just my $0.02

3 of my top 5 schools (yale, cornell, and northeastern) all have 9/1 deadlines and all they care about is whether it is "completed" and e-submitted by 9/1 I'd encourage you to apply to schools with a 9/1 deadline. Especially because the previous posts said their CASPA got verified in only a few days! It's worth the 45 bucks to add the schools on in my book (especially a school like yale with no supp).

just my $0.02

Alright, thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you are freaking out, you do have the option of calling CASPA and asking what date they are currently verifying. That way you at least have an idea of where they are and how long it's taking them to verify folks. I imagine that as we near more application deadlines, they are getting swamped. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived