PANRE Results

I took the PANRE on Sturday July 30th (this year) and found out I passed on Monday August 1st. I have two other friends who took it also in the month of July on a Friday and found out they passed on Monday. I was honestly scared to death after I took it, after reading all the posts about people failing. I didn't sleep the whole weekend, so it was a huge relief to get a passing score. I felt the test was difficult and many questions were not very generalist based. I actually felt like I had alot of surgical/er type of questions. I felt there were at least 2 questions on the test that could have had more than 1 answer, and the questions did not say which is best.. I don't necessarily feel it followed the blueprint breakdown like nccpa says it will. I studied for 3 months, with the last month studying very intensely. I took 4 days off before the test to study as well. I certainly prepared myself well and thankfully it paid off for me, but it sounds like those who failed also prepared themselves well too, so I think there is something not right there. It's sad that NCCPA is not doing anything to assist or even providing adequate feedback. The people who failed should contact AAPA and maybe some legal action can be taken...

• 4 weeks later...

I took the PANRE yesterday and kept track on the little eraser board they give you. I had less than half questions that were generalist questions and a ton of genetics, opthomology, and peds urology. I studied myself to death and although anxious was not prepared for that. Half the test was a waste of my time and made me question if I wanted to be a stay at home mom...seriously. There is no reason I need to know the side effects of a medicine discontinued in 1994 or what invasive study is needed on a 3 year old with a type of kidney cancer I've never heard of...nor has any of the pediatricians I've called.

I'm truly disgusted. Not that I may have passed or failed...but that the NCCPA supported this test and will not answer those that have failed. It's just one step ahead for our competitors who don't need to recertify...The NCCPA is handing our jobs away and collecting test checks left and right. There is definately something askew.

Archived