Unsure about exact healthcare hours

I worked as a health examiner for a third party company that was in charge of completing the medical exams for those wishing to obtain health/life insurance. Technically I was an independent contractor and got paid per job, not hour.

How is one supposed to document these hours? Does CASPA call all supervisors listed and verify the hours submitted are in fact correct, with documentation to prove it? I assume not as that would be incredibly tedious and think that CASPA trusts the applicants to submit their healthcare/volunteer hours to the best of their ability.

However, I do know a few people who, if applying to PA School, would inflate their hours, hoping not to get called on it.

Thanks!

I worked as a health examiner for a third party company that was in charge of completing the medical exams for those wishing to obtain health/life insurance. Technically I was an independent contractor and got paid per job, not hour.

How is one supposed to document these hours? Does CASPA call all supervisors listed and verify the hours submitted are in fact correct, with documentation to prove it? I assume not as that would be incredibly tedious and think that CASPA trusts the applicants to submit their healthcare/volunteer hours to the best of their ability.

However, I do know a few people who, if applying to PA School, would inflate their hours, hoping not to get called on it.

Thanks!

That is correct; CASPA doesn't verify any of the work experience, however your programs will investigate if you make it far enough in the application process. It's best to estimate your hours to the best of your ability on the application, then explain in the text box exactly how your compensation worked and that the hours are an estimate, etc etc.

That is correct; CASPA doesn't verify any of the work experience, however your programs will investigate if you make it far enough in the application process. It's best to estimate your hours to the best of your ability on the application, then explain in the text box exactly how your compensation worked and that the hours are an estimate, etc etc.

Archived